By popular demand, below is the recipe for the coconut guava cookies.
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup milled flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 14 oz. cup guava paste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, flaxseed, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter and dark brown sugar; mix until creamy. Add egg and vanilla extract; mix until combined. Gradually beat in flour mixture until nearly combined. Add coconut, guava, oats, and walnuts; stir until evenly distributed.
- Drop rounded tablespoon of dough [with the aid of a ice-cream scoop] onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 12- 15 min until done; centers will be soft and edges very light brown.
- Let cookies rest 1-2 min on baking sheet before transferring to cooling rack.
This recipe makes ~36 cookies. The cookies were a little too sweet for my personal taste. I would reduce the amount of guava paste to 7 oz, and increase the amount of oats to 1 1/2 cups.